"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Father's Day Trilogy - Interactive Style!

Hello friends!
I'd like to thank you SO MUCH for the warm welcome back and I'm thrilled that you've stopped by to say hello!  I look forward to many up-coming postings, so I do hope you'll be sticking around to see them!

I have some masculine inspiration to share with you today!
These were all the Father's Day cards that I had made, but I didn't want to share them until after the recipients received the cards because I have some 'sneak peekers' that may catch what I post on my blog here...so I didn't want them to have a preview of it! :)

The first card that I made was for the #1 dad...my father.  I'm always looking for fun little ways to present cash or gift cards and I thought this was such a fun idea that actually could be used for any masculine card:
Most all guys have a wallet, right?!  So I thought this was such a fun idea for a dad card!
I made a side folding card and used an old embossing folder which most of you probably have in your stash or remember it well!  It seemed like the perfect texture for a wallet.  After I embossed it, I sponged over it with some distress ink.

I've added a little strap along the side of it and closed it with a Velcro dot and a little tag so that dad would know he needed to lift the flap to open the card.  I used an alphabet stamp to stamp out the "dad" on the front panel.  The corners were all rounded with my corner chomper and  I added some faux stitching with a marker as I was trying to keep it looking as much like a wallet as I could!

So when dad opened the flap, here's what he found:
I made two pockets on the inside of the wallet card to hold a special message that can be pulled out for a hand written message that I put on the inside and then on the other side, the pocket held some folded cash for dad's gift!  What better to put cash in than a wallet! :)
It seemed to really make him smile and I really enjoyed making this for him!

----------------------------------------
I also made a card for my brother and this was a perfect theme for his personality.  (Actually it's a probably a good theme for most of the men in my life!)
Here's the front of the card.
Obviously, you notice the pocket with all of the "tools" inside and on the front of the pocket.  I used my Cricut machine to cut out all of the tool pieces of this card.  All of the tools inside the pocket are not glued in, so that way he could pull them out and have a look at them.
(It was pretty fun when everyone was taking turns looking at the card and taking the tools out to have a look at them! LOL!)

I've used some faux stitching on this as well and my sentiment was hand-written as well.
I used some distress ink to sponge around the middle section of my card design.

I've made this into a Z fold style card, so that when you open it, it looks like this:
As you can see, this card turns into a "tool belt" with pockets filled with tools and even a matching gift card for a present!  I thought this was such a fun way to present either a gift card or cash as well!  For the hammer, I have it popped up with foam tape and then I've used some burlap ribbon to make a "loop" for the hammer.  I've attached some gold brads on each end of it.

--------------------------------------------
And last but certainly NOT least, I had to make a very special and "magical" card for the love of my life who's a wonderful and loving father to the children in his life:
And of course for those of you that have followed with me for a while probably know that my husband is an electrician...so this card works great for him!

I have used some glittery chevron paper from my stash for the background and this is a SSS stamp set called "Watt's Up?" and I've had it for a while, but I keep using it for this reason.  The "watts & watts" sentiment was heat embossed under the light-bulb with white EP.

You will also notice at the top of the light-bulb that there is a small pull tab...so when hubby lifted the tab, this is what he saw:
So now it looks like the lights have been turned on!
This is that fun "Magic Slider" die set from Lawn Fawn and I couldn't wait to use it just for a card like this!  I thought the light-bulb idea would work great with it!
I colored the light-bulb image with Copics and stamped some "rays" and hearts around it.  I've also taken a smile face and stamped on the light-bulb as well.  The card opens up along the side and I've put a "Happy Father's Day" message on the inside for him.

Here's a closer view of the colored light-bulb:
You can see the sparkle from the background paper as well as the shimmer from the glitter pen that I've used for the bottom of the light-bulb.

I know that Father's Day has come and gone, but I think these are fun masculine ideas for many other occasions too!  So hopefully you've found some good masculine inspiration for yourself to use in the future!  I'm always needing masculine cards, so I always try and come up with something new to add to my masculine creativity pile! :)

It's been a while since I've posted on a regular basis, so I'm a bit rusty...thanks for hanging in there with me while I "get back to normal"!!   Enjoy your day!


-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

CHALLENGES:
1.  Come & Get It - Happy Father's Day
2.  Glitter 'N' Sparkle - Father's Day/Masculine
3.  Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
4.  Pammie's Inky Pinkies - Anything Goes
5.  Brown Sugar - Anything Goes

27 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome work on these masculine masterpieces, Vicki!! Each one uniquely fabulous!!

Jerrie said...

Vicki, what fun masculine cards you have made. Each one of them are pretty spectacular and I bet your guys loved them!

Fiki said...

those projects are amazing!
love them all!
hugs

Sarah said...

My goodness me, what fantastic makes for the men in your life Vicki. An outstanding selection which will be treasured for sure xx

Shelly said...

These are awesome, Vicki!!
Glad to see you're back and loving the new look of your blog! :) Hope you're having a great summer so far...enjoy, my friend! Hugs

Tammy said...

WOW Vicki these masculine cards are awesome, so fun and personalized! I absolutely love the wallet card design, the texture is amazing!!
Hugs, Tammy

Mac Mable said...

You have certainly hit the ground running Vicki...Absolutely fabulous creations! How clever and creative are you? I can see you had fun making the three creations. So unique and so personal. Brought a huge smile to my face and as always your attention to detail is second to none. Thank you so much for sharing these fabulous creations with us x One talented lady x

Chrissy said...

Aaah Vicki..you came back to us in style..what wonderful inter active cards..love the wallet and the building set card..so clever..then the sweet little light bulb card..wonderful projects my friend and so glad to see you back in blogland..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lola said...

Hi and welcome back! All of these are AWESOME! So personalized but fits many men in my life as well. Seriously creative!

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous Vicki-great inspiration and all the better for being personal
Carol x

Lori Kobular said...

Glad to see you back Vicki! Your Father's Day cards are all great, my favorite is the wallet! Just love that embossed texture!!

aussie aNNie said...

Great to see you back my friend, with a big smile. Love your posts and looking forward to more.xx [aNNie]

Davi said...

Vicki so good to see you back! You made quite the comeback with those awesome creations my friend!

Pri Created said...

I looked at the wallet card and went 'oh wowww'...then saw the tool belt card..repeated the 'oh wowww'...then saw the magic slider card you made for your hubby...yes,you guessed it...I went 'oh wowwww' the third time...how lucky are the guys in your life...Fantastic cards Vicki...love em all..!!

Deb said...

Amazing cards Vicki, I always love that you go that extra mile with your card making to make something very unique! Debxx

Carol L said...

Each card has a special touch to it and I really like all of them, but that lightbulb card is spot on for your electrician husband! I bet he loved that one! Fabulous cards, all of them!

Wendy said...

Oh my GOSH!! I love this & I love that your hubby is an electrician! I simply love your design and color scheme! Thanks for sharing this with all of us and thanks for playing along at PIP Challenges!!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki... your card for DAD is perfect in all.... so wonderful for a man.... and your card with the light is wonderful
Hugs Anja

Nana Connie said...

Oh, you have been busy, my friend! Love the wallet card and how it looks like perfect alligator skin. Great way to do a money gift or even a gift card. The tools are also fabulous for any guy. Love the light bulb and the interactive feature. Well done, Vicki!

Dana Johnson said...

WOW awesome job with making man cards!! These are all amazing! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge. ~DT Dana

Tammy L said...

These are just way too fun! I love the wallet one! Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, talk about inspiration! You've inspired us watts and watts! These are simply incredible! Girl, you are smokin' hot since you got back! Love it - keep them coming!!!

Monika Reeck said...

Wallet??
I love your idea
and this like skin of the crocodile too
coool cool wallet Vicki
I love the colors too the shading looks like a real wallet yaay
and the tools for Man is perfect too
love that silver paper Vicki
woooww complete with Hammer too on the next Photo Love love!! your brother will love this I believe
the last black and white so cool too lovely Pull area and it full with colors ooh ooh you are so clever
so many inspiration here
how many hours you made all this lovely project Miss Vicki
all of them ADORABLE and clever made
see you maybe around again :) SMILE
hugs
Monika

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh what cools man cards. Love them all. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges} Hugs, Barbara

Neva Zver said...

Gorgeous masculine cards .....great design. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Sollan said...

I just love this!! Stunning!! Thank you for participating at Brown Sugar Challenge

Nandini said...

Adorable card! Love the little pig and the shaker element. Thank you for joining us at the ATSM challenges. Nandini, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...