"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, June 16, 2017

Coming Back From a Slump... With a New Slant on Flashback Friday!!

Hello friends!
If anyone is still hanging around here, I have decided it's time for me to come back from a break.
A few times I wasn't sure weather or not I was going to or be able to come back!  I think there are many of my fellow crafty friends that can relate to this especially if you've been doing it for as long as I have!  There were just so many things going on at once around me which makes it difficult to concentrate, but I was finding it more and more difficult to keep my creativity going and I just felt like I was just getting buried under with everything...so I had to just stop for a bit and catch my breath.  Catch up with life in general and re-evaluate what I'm doing.

In the end, I decided that art (creating it) is very important to me and no matter how slender of a time slot I have to do it in, my life is ALWAYS better when I create.  Getting it out and sharing the process with other like-minded friends makes the process that much more enjoyable as well and sharing it all with each other helps generate some common creative ideas and I love that!

I have been making a few things here and there which I will share with you when I can, but for now I will save those things and explain about those at a later time!

As I s-l-o-w-l-y make my way back into a routine, I thought I'd start off with some creations from my past that you may or may not have seen depending on if you are a  SCS fan club member...
It was a year ago this month that I joined the infamous Splitcoaststampers Dirty Dozen Design Team!  I wasn't allowed to publicly share the creations that I made for the DT as they were exclusive to the fan club members only.  I know that not all of my readers are active over there, so I thought I would share my creations with you here!  I made about 6-7 creations each month and I will share them with you as I made them a year ago.

I will make these past creations apart of my "Flashback Friday" feature!  Yay!! - So be looking every Friday for these posts!!

The SCS Dirty Dozen DT theme for June was called "A New Slant" so all of our creations were revolved around that theme.  With Father's Day coming up this Sunday, I thought this would be a great share to start with:
If you would like to see the original post of this card from last June on SCS (fan club members only), CLICK HERE

I found this cool cut file on my Cricut machine and thought it would make a really fun masculine style card!  The die cut word is cut and layered several times with some gold foil paper on top as well as some more of the gold foil  layered on the corner left triangle.  I used some gold brads on that for added gold accents as well as popped it up with foam tape for extra dimension.  The "Father's Day" sentiment was heat embossed with gold EP.  It just happened to fit just right on that angle!

I also used some gold foil line stickers to accent the bottom of the card as well as the inside of the bottom portion of the card.

This card was given to a family member last year for Father's Day.

In the meantime, I have some more cards and other crafty things to make and I'm lucky enough to be spending a couple of crafty days with my mom too! :)   So I will be back shortly to share what I've been working on!  In the meantime, please have a look around at any posts you may have missed.  I will be re-building the tab page (top of this blog) with all of my tutorials.  You can catch some of my tutorials on my You Tube Channel by CLICKING HERE.  (It's been a long while since I've done a video, but I have noticed after several months that I have over 550 subscribers there!  Not sure how that happened, but that calls for some sort of celebration I think!)  If you like to watch video tutorials, let me know and let me know what you would like to see in one....I am curious if this is something of interest to anyone! :)  So stay tuned into a possible fun give away on my channel to those that are subscribed to me!  I may be doing something in the future!

Just wanted to send out a HUGE thank you to those that have supported me here on my blog and elsewhere, it has meant so much to me especially those that I've heard from or left me little messages while I was gone!  I'm very humbled that you were thinking of me...really means a lot! :)

For now, I'm off into my sunshine filled craft room to make up some cards of course! :)  I will be having guests over this weekend and so I will need to tidy up a bit too!
Enjoy your weekend and I promise to be back shortly....

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


24 comments:

Rahmat said...

Welcome back Vicki! I totally understand what you mean, even though I am not crafting as long as you. Since the start if this year I am taking things slowly, I don't make everyday, but I sit down to craft when I have to really do it. Just giving myself that time.
Looking forward to see your creativity.

Aileen Ryan said...

So glad your back and cant wait to see more tutorials. Great card, need male cards so badly I really lack when it comes to male cards. My son wanted one the last weekend and I had to resort to the bag of prepurchased, he looked at me like 'your joking' its so hard to be enthusiastic when theres no flowers. But I do love the layers cuts of this card, very nice and I do have a new Scan n Cut I am trying to work out.

Heidi Stamps said...

Hi Vicki! I love this slanted card! Such a fun arrangment and great colors!

I think it is great that you are back, but yes, you need to do crafty things at your own rate.

Sarah said...

I can't tell you how pleased I am that you decided to return...you have been missed for sure. I completely understand where you are coming from as sometimes, I find, creativity becomes a chore to be crammed in at the end of a busy day and the fun is lost. However...you are here and I look forward to seeing what you have been up to!! Oh and what a lovely card!! xx

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vicki.. nice to read somethink from you... your card is amazing and wonderful.
Have a nice day
Hugs Anja

Donna said...

I am so excited to see that you are back dear Vicki, you have been in my thoughts and prayers, so glad you are not giving up on creating, it is such a part of us. Fantastic masculine card.

Tammy said...

Welcome back Vicki, so happy to see you posting again, can't wait to see more of your creations!! Fabulous masculine card, I love the gold touches and fantastic design!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Margreet said...

Welcome back, Vicki...so glad to see you again!
Your masculine card is gorgeous. Love the blue and gold used.
Have a great weekend!
xxx Margreet

Mac Mable said...

Yeh!!! So good to have you back. You are always so kind with your commenting and your creativity is amazing..You've been missed. Striking card today, the perfect masculine card x Enjoy your visitors and looking forward to being amazed with your next blog post x

Pri Created said...

Soooo good to see you again Vicki...I've missed you and am so happy you're back...Your card is beautiful...I love the navy blue and gold combo...and your blog looks fabulous...!!!!Love n hugs,Pri

Carol L said...

Welcome back Vicki, it's great to have you blogging again! I too used to do SCS but found it too cumbersome and time-consuming to keep up with both, so I just focused on my blog for a few years now and I'm much happier. I can only extend myself so far before I burn myself out. Your card is fabulous with the graphic design and so perfect for the upcoming special day set aside for dad! TC and have a fabulous weekend!

crafty-stamper said...

Great to see you back Vicki-have missed coming to visit and have been checking to see if you were back lol-great card love all the clean geometric lines and the happy font
Carol x

Nana Connie said...

You've been missed, my friend, and it's good to see you back again. I'm off to check out your YouTube video.

Patti J said...

Hooray! So glad you are back! Missed you.... great card, dear friend!

Ina G said...

So so glad you are back in blogland. I have missed seeing your wonderful creations. There does come a time when you seem to just burn yourself out. Looks like you have put that fire out and ready for Mo and Jo to come back.
Hugs Ina

Pollard Carole said...

Wonderful to have you back I can relate to your break as I have had a hectic year with my husbands health loads of hospital stuff and days when my mind was not on crafting at all I also did leave one of my Design Teams. Your card is fabulous as always the vibrant blue is gorgeous You take care Love and hugs Carole x

Donna Ellis said...

Vicki, I love love LOVE everything about this card! The geometrics are awesome! Not only are the cuts fabulous, but your layering and color choices are as well! Thank you for taking time to republish them for those of us that are not active on SCS.

SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK! hugs, de

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Hello Vicki,
So nice to see you again !!! :-))) I am so glad you have had this difficult period behind you. I'm glad you're sharing your awesome cards with us again. This card belongs to such. Wonderful inspiration for Father's Day.
Hugs,
BozenA

Lynn McAuley said...

So great to see you back sharing your amazing creations, Vicki!! I must say the creations you shared during your time with the Dirty Dozen out-shined all others. It was evident the thought and time and skill that went into creating each and every piece!! This remarkable design is proof of that!!

Hugs and smiles to you!!

Fiki said...

welcome back!
so happy to see you in blogland!

Lori Kobular said...

Welcome back!! Glad to see you posting again! Hey life gets in the way and we need to step back for a little while, but then when things calm down you find that you miss creating! Love your Father's Day Card and Happy to see posts by you!!

Mimi said...

I totally understand what you are saying in your first couple paragraphs... I felt like I was "there" this spring. Thank god for my SOS DT spot-- it was the only thing keeping me crafting when I was just maxxed-out. Glad you found your way back to your craft table😊✂🖌🖍

Monika Reeck said...

I miss you Miss Vicki
and this Fathers Day Card is cool
really cool
Love the happy in gold and so many gold there at top right
and Love all the die cutting geometric here
I am not a good reader hehe
I enjoy look you cards..I read a bit and now I want enjoying your cards
jump again if its still new post..
Welcome Back Miss Vicki
hugs
Monika

Patti said...

Dear Vicki

I have been a little busy so when I saw you popping in to my blog to leave you sweet comments I did the happy dance but couldn't get over to say hello and welcome back until today!

Hello!! and welcome back : ) heehee

I am so glad that you are back. I have missed your talent and your kindness! : )

As I am able I will be popping in more often.

Have a wonderful week!!

Patti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...