"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Friday, March 20, 2015

It's "Wildly" Dimensional!

Good evening friends!
Am I late posting today or what?!  I actually have been really busy trying to play "catch up" with my class!  I will have some photos to share with you for that tomorrow, but I decided to change things up for a minute before I bombard you with die cut class postings! :)

As from my recent past posts, I had mentioned that you would be seeing more "From the Heart" stamps from me...so I've got another one to share with you:
Isn't he the CUTEST ugliest monster!?!  LOL!  This hungry guy is called Monster Sundae and I thought he was a blast to color in!  I've used not only the fun sketch for this week's "i {heart} Card Sketches", but I used the twist too which is "Pop up parts of the image (paper tole)"!

So to tell you about the card, I colored in the image with my Copics and to achieve the "fur" look, I've "dotted" with my markers.  For the "popped up" parts, I colored in a separate image, colored and fussy cut out the monster's green hair, the chocolate ice cream and cherry on top, the monster's right hand dangling off the image panel and the two cherries next to him!
I cut them out and brushed the edges with a black multi-liner and then put them on a foam board and used my stylist to rub on the back side of them.  This causes them to curl up along the edges.
I used some foam tape and attached them over the main image.  I added some glitter to his hair and some glossy accents to the cherries.  The ice cream was brushed over with my Wink of Stella glitter pen too!

For the corner, I punched out a photo corner in black card stock and used my liquid pearls to make dots over it.  This image panel was also rounded with my corner chomper and I used some Tumbled Glass distress ink to go along the edges.  I printed out the sentiment and made my own banner with it.  The main image panel was popped up over the card front.  I thought the bottom corner needed a bit of something and I wanted this to be a birthday card, so I stamped a sentiment.

I tried to get a photo from an angle so you can better see the dimension from the paper tole I've done on the image.  I also put some glossy accents on his "claws".

So I hope you enjoyed my card today!  I will be back again very soon for more card sharing!  I've gotten so much done!  It's going to be a busy week on my blog next week, so stay tuned in!! :)
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!  Thanks for stopping in!!

-----------------------------------
HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*

Here are the challenges I'd like to enter this for:
i {heart} sketches - sketch & twist:  paper tole


Papertake Weekly - Happy Anything
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Something yummy to eat or drink
Creative Corner - For a Boy (sending this to Cards for a Cause)
Brown Sugar - anything goes

25 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

so super cute, love how you popped up the hair and the sundae! Fabulous card design.

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt said...

Hi Vivki... your card is so wonderful... love your monster and the colours..... fantastic

Hugs Anja

Sarah said...

What a fabulous card Vicki, he is the cutest monster ever and I love the dimension you have achieved...great job!! xx

aussie aNNie said...

You wild thing Vicki....love love love this card and image used...and it's a Fabulous card just perfect for our challenge of something yummy to eat/drink....xx aNNie
{Chocolate Coffee and Cards DT Member}

Olga said...

Absolutely fabulous!! Love how you popped it up!!!!

Bad Kitty said...

super cute card

Sue said...

Fabulous card Vicki, such a great image and wonderful colouring. I love the added dimension, it looks so effective.
hugs Sue xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Great card and rich colors. Cutting out extra pieces of the image and popping them up adds so much fun and interest!

Veerle said...

Fab card Vicki and with that cute monster it's perfect for a young boy. Thank you for joining in our challenge. Veerle DT - Creative Corner Challenge Blog

CaroleAnn said...

this is a great image and I love how you have colored it up and the view of his claws were hysterical!!! Love all the dimension! Love the colors and design!

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Vicki you always seem to make your food look so real and so very, very tasty, that looks like a real cherry and topping it makes my mouth water, that monster image is fun he made me smile, great papers and design, fantastic make.
hugs
lorraine x

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the dimension you added to this! Adds so much!

Tammy said...

Oh Vicki, he's too cute to be ugly! Love your fun card and such fun colors!

alexandra s.m. said...

Your monster makes me smile BIG time Vicki and I just adore your card! Thanks!

Jessi Fogan said...

He is most definitely the cutest ugliest monster! I love all the little details, just fabulous (and again, your colouring! Wow!!!)

Donna said...

Such a cute and fun card Vicki, made me smile and now I want ice cream! Perfectly matched sentiment too and brilliantly coloured! :) Donna ♥ x

Monika Reeck said...

Hihihi that blue monster makes me laugh and he lovey Ice cream with that cherry ooh soo cutee monster even he looks danger with his teeth hihi
and you coloring him so adorable too and the cherry yummm it looks like I can eat it hihi
and I love the setch you have choosen perfect paper you have choosen too
LOVELY MONSTER card Vicki
hugs, Monika

PSST..I posted two times at sunday...I have mojo making 5 cards in a row hihi...

Jo said...

Vicki, this card is perfect! you've used the sketch so well and I love the dimension you've added for the twist too. Great papers and this fun image :)
Thank you for joining in with us at FTHS.
Jo xx

Stephanie said...

This is fantastic, love your coloring and your color choices. Thanks for playing at From The Heart Stamps.

Tammy said...

That monster is sooo cute Vicki!! Awesome layout and I love all of the 'popped' elements!!
Hugs, Tammy

mypurplehouse said...

Cute card - great coloring on this image! Thanks for joining the sketch challenge this week.
Lyn

Beth said...

now this is just too stinking cute my friend love everything about it and great job on the sketch.
Hugs.

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Vicki- You are a ROCKSTAR!!! This card is AMAZING!!! Thanks for joining us at FTH!!

8upscrapin said...

I love your card , the monster is oh so cute and your coloring is beautiful , and his yummy dessert looks inviting ..Thanks for joining us at Chocolate Coffee & Cards for our "Something Yummy To Eat Or Drink " - Dt - Crystal

Lola said...

Your monster really is so well done! I love his fur and his nails are adorable. What scary fun all around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...