"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do." ~Mother Teresa

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Floral and Food Birthdays!

Hello friends!  It's been a crazy week so far and I'm ready for Friday already!! LOL!
I am hoping to get into my stamp room today for some quiet time to stamp!

So here is my first card using some of my fave colors...
I needed to take the photo of this card directly straight and turned outward at an angle so that you could see the pretty silver embossed sentiment.

Purple is my fave color and I thought this Daisy Basket  would look stunning with the purple colors.  I colored it in with my Copic and I also stamped it a second time and cut out about three of the daisies and popped them up over the image.  I die cut it out with my stitched circle die and added a bow on it.  The Kraft panel was stamped in Versamark. The sentiment was heat embossed with silver embossing powder.  For the purple plum panel, I took some white pigment ink and sponged around the edges of it to soften up the look.

Here is a closer look at the flowers...
You can see where a couple of the flowers are popped up on foam tape and I also added some wink of stella over top of them and then took my white gel pen to add a few dots.

Here are some challenges that I want to enter this card for:
Sketch Saturday 

Inkspirational - Purple with Grey/Silver
(I only used the inspirational photo and not the sketch)

Top Tip Tuesday - Your Favorite Color Combo (purple and anything!)
SCS Hope You Can Cling To (HYCCT1401A) - "You Raise Me Up" (popped up elements on card)

-------------------------------------------------

And yes, I have a second card to share with you as well!
I also wanted to be sure to tell you about a couple of challenges going on right now.  So check it out...
  I stamped the greeting with black Memento ink and then took my Copic markers and scribbled over the wording to give it a bit of color.

I thought the colors I used would be perfect for either a guy or gal for a birthday card.

The cupcake was the perfect pairing for this sentiment I thought!  I stamped it twice, colored it with my Copic markers and cut out the frosting and cherry part to pop it up on the image and then I add some more fun details that you can see more closely below...
So as you can now see more closely, I've popped up the frosting and I covered it with my Wink of Stella pen for some shimmer.  I also covered the cherry with glossy accents.  This cupcake was then popped up over the card to sit alongside the fun birthday sentiment.

 Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge blog!
So here's the fun sketch which is what I've used on my card above:


So here are the challenges that I'd like to enter my cupcake card for:
Aud Sentiments - anything goes
Alphabet Challenge - 'R' for Round or Rectangle (I used rectangles!)
Shopping Our Stash (SOS#173) - Hello, Sweetie... Something sweet (cupcake)
(using up older papers, foam tape and embossing folder)
SCS Hope You Can Cling To (HYCCT1407) - "Spoonful of Sugar" - use a treat on your card

So I hope to see you play along in some of these challenges with me and I'd love to see what you come up with!  Thanks so much for stopping in today!

HUGS & SMILES
*Vicki*


58 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning once again Vicki. Just adore the wonderful purple and brown colour combo of the first and the fresh design of the second.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

MiamiKel said...

Oh too fun, I used the same sketch for my card! Yours are GORGEOUS, as always - they never disappoint, that's for sure! ANd you aren't crazy - I love the feel of it, and just running my hands through a batch of new stamps! It's like candy for moms, LOL!

Olga said...

WOWZERS!!!! Both are gorgeous, love the image on the first one and that beautiful bow!!!

Margreet said...

Beautiful coloring Vicki...both cards are very lovely!
xxx Margreet

Carla S. said...

Fantastic cards, Vicki! Wonderful images and designs! Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday with the first one!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Vicki...the flowers are beautiful and love the added white dots and the sentiment in silver..beautiful.Love your cupcake card too..fab design.

luv CHRISSYxx

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous cards Vicki, I love the cute cupcake on your second card and your take on the sketch is perfect. Thank you for playing along with us for Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Vicki the flower card is absolutely beautiful, the colour you have used for them as well as the embossed sentiment is stunning, I also like the second card such fab design and colours, super, super makes.
hugs
lorraine x

Lola said...

Gorgeous cards! That little touch of white really does make a great effect and the purple coloring is gorgeous. LOVE your cupcake card too - so simply stated.

Sue said...

Such gorgeous cards Vicki. I love the images, stunning colouring and fabulous designs.
hugs Sue xx

crafty-stamper said...

love the beautiful decoupaged image and the silver embossed sentiment-love the cupcake image and love the list sentiment
carol x

jimlynn said...

Vicki, both are wonderful! I love your coloring on the flowers on that first card! Just beautiful!!!
Lynn

Lyn Wallan-Smith said...

Fab cards I love your purple flowers they are coloured to perfection <3 and what fun the Wordy Birthday Greeting is

Tammy said...

Both cards are fabulous but the basket of daisies are sensational! Great coloring!

Sue said...

Hi Vicki, love your purple creation and how you popped up some of the flowers, looks like a full basket for sure!! Your cupcake card is so cute too.

Hugs
Sue

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of these are fabulous, Vicki! Love your purple daisy basket. Just beautiful!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful basket of purple blooms Vicki!

JD/ Jill said...

Both great cards...I really like the neat coloring you did on the first card...just lovely!

Jennifer said...

Love your creativity! The flowers are just so lovely with the dimension and white dots! Love the Vicki's Versatile Background!
Wonderful sweet cupcake card to! love the yummy cherry. :) Plus of the touch of distressing is perfect!

Davi said...

Fabulous job on both Vicki! I love love your beautiful dimensional basket of "purple" flowers!! Your second is also very cool :) Im SO ready, CAN"T wait for Friday either LOL!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunningly beautiful....gorgeous colours used and loving the designs. Both cards are just gorgeous.x
The Journey is the Start

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards but I do love those flowers in the basket.
luv
debby

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards but I do love those flowers in the basket.
luv
debby

Pollard Carole said...

Stunning cards today just love those purple flowers and magical sentiment they are just both so lovely love and Hugs Carole x

Stef H said...

i wouldn't expect any other color BUT purple on that basket of flowers from you, and that sentiment is stunning!

love the birthday card. i actually have that sentiment too!

have a great week. it's ALMOST friday!

hugs :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome work on these two sensational cards, Vicki!!

Patti J said...

Mmmmm....cupcakes! Love your cards, Vicki! The purple is so pretty, and makes such a nice 'fall' card! Thanks for sharing - I always enjoy seeing your beautiful coloring!

Beth said...

Wow GF beautiful cards you did a great job on that wonderful sketch and the basket of flowers how pretty love both of them.
Hugs

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

oohhh love them both! Really love all of the details on the flowers in the first one, and your second one rocks with color choices!

Tammy said...

Both cards are Gorgeous Vicki!! I love that flower image and your coloring is stunning! AND what a fun second card, I love the highlighted sentiment!!
Big Hugs, Tammy

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Looks like you've had fun playing with your new stash, Vicki.
2 fabulous cards.
Caroline xxx

Deepti said...

Gorgeous creations Vicki :) great designs. I love the dimension in flowers on ur first card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous flowers, coloring and dimension on the first. And your second card is a wonderful take on the sketch with super coloring of the cupcake and creative and fabulous use of the of the sentiment stamp.

SmilynStef said...

What a fabulous birthday bouquet ... love the dimension ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

bumblebee creations said...

Love your cards Vicki!! You are so talented!!

NanaConnie said...

Well, you know I love the purple of the first card but that silver embossed sentiment is magnificent. WOW! Great take on that sketch for the second card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- love the gorgeous basket of flowers- and WOW- loving the dimension you added by popping up the flowers. I just love the colorful sentiment on the 2nd. Fun, fun cards!

~ginny said...

Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us at Aud Sentiments Vicky! a very creative take on the sketch! I like the distressed layers. The sentiment panel, the glossy accents and the elevated, fussy cut cupcake make great design details!
~ginny,
DT for Aud Sentiments: [#117 – Anything Goes]
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Regina said...

Vicki, both cards are wonderful!

sending hugs Regina

julieprice3 said...

Very pretty, love the purple flowers and the sentiment on your cupcake card is perfect, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Deborah Frings said...

Love the basket of pretty daisies with the super bow! And the birthday card with the cherry cake is such fun too!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful Vicki! Love the way you did the sentiment and that cupcake looks awesome (the cherry looks real). Fun Birthday card. Hugz

Grenouille Greetings said...

Two great cards showcasing your versatility. I especially love your pretty purple flowers. The added dimension of your cutouts on top of the bouquet really bring the basket to life. It's great to see you play along with us at Sketch Saturday last week. Hugs, Lesley

Grenouille Greetings said...

I didn't realise it was you, Vicki! It's good to see you!!! Hugs, Lesley

Jessi Fogan said...

Your colouring is AMAZING, Vicki! I love the gloss on the cherry too. I'm so glad you could come play at TMS with us :) Your card will be up on our FB page today: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches/165327566909261?ref=hl

Donna said...

Fab cards! Love them both but I really LOVE the cupcake!! Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for the "Hello, Sweetie" challenge this week

Jennifer LaVite said...

Beautiful flowers! Love the way you layered them. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

Melissa Craig said...

Fabulous card! It looks so yummy. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

Awesome b'day card!! I love these colours and the way you highlighted the sentiment!! So fun!
Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration with us this week at TMS!!

Ina said...

Both these cards are awesome - love them both Vicki.

Monika Reeck said...

woooww 50 comments your are a rock star my friend (SMILE) you know what that silver embossing is sooo tidy...you are great at embossing coloring and the color combo I love brown and silver GREAT flower card

the number two yeah I love how you higlight the sentiment red blue and brown perfect with that muffin and nice cherry at the top looks like a real one...Wonderful card my friend..I am doing well but busy again with my children..now I try to catch up :)

cm said...

WOW, Vicki - both your cards are stunning! The flowers on the first, paired with the silver embossing...happy sighhhh! So wonderful! Thank you for sharing this gem at Inkspirational Challenges!
~c

Leslie Hanna said...

Oh, shiny! Love that cupcake with the cherry on top. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Céline said...

absolutly wonderful
hugs
céline

Jeanne J said...

Gorgeous flowers - I love the color and the dots - and the cupcake is spectacular too! Looks yummy!

Kat W said...

Your purple floral design is gorgeous and the sparkle and white dots are a lovely finishing touch :-)
Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Kat x

Helen said...

Beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen N x

Patricia St Martin said...

Vicki, I do not understand why I do not get your posting. I tried to sign up again and it tell me I already sign up but I do not get your posting. ?????
This beautiful card with the purple flowers is so stunning. Love how you highlighted with the white dots, so beautiful.
Hugs, Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...